Try it Tuesday 11.8.16
Purple Cauliflower gets it’s color from Anthocyanins - flavonoid pigments which are also found in red cabbage, purple carrots and many berries. Anthocyanins have twice the antioxidant power of vitamin C.
8 Top Health Benefits of Cauliflower:
1. Fights Cancer - the Sulforaphane in cauliflower has been shown to kill cancer stem cells.
2. Boost Heart Health - Sulforaphane has been found to significantly improve blood pressure & kidney function. They believe it improves DNA methylation, which is crucial for normal cell function. The picture at the right shows Methyl groups added to DNA.eve the sulforaphane
3. Anti-Inflammatory - Some level of inflammation in the body is normal. Over-Inflammation (which is increasingly common) is linked to cancer and other diseases.
4. It’s Rich in Vitamins & Minerals - Most Americans are severely lacking in the nutrients their bodies need to function properly. One serving of Cauliflower contains the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, & manganese.
5. Boost Your Brain Health - Cauliflower is a good source of Choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development. Choline intake during pregnancy “super-charged” the brain activity of animals in utero. It may also help protect your brain from toxins and age related diseases.
6. Detoxification Support - Cauliflower helps your body detox in multiple ways.
7. Digestive Benefits - Not only is the fiber great for your digestion, cauliflower contains glucosinolate which helps protect the lining of your stomach.
8. Antioxidants & Phytonutrients Galore - Eating cauliflower is like winning the antioxidant and phytonutrient lottery. It's packed with vitamin C, beta-carotene, kaempferol, quercetin, rutin, cinnamic acid, and much more. Antioxidants are nature's way of providing your cells with adequate defense against attack by reactive oxygen species (ROS).
As long as you have these important micronutrients, your body will be able to resist aging caused by your everyday exposure to pollutants, chronic stress, and more. If you don't have an adequate supply of antioxidants to help squelch free radicals, then you can be at risk of oxidative stress, which leads to accelerated tissue and organ damage.
Information courtesy of: Mercola.com