- If your total household income is the same or less than the amounts on the Income Eligibility Chart below, your child(ren) are eligible to receive free or reduced price meals.
- If anyone in your household (other than a foster child) has a case number for: Basic Food, FDPIR, or TANF, all children will qualify for free meals. Please fill out an application and list the case number.
- Foster children who are the legal responsibility of the Department of Social Services or court are eligible to receive free meals.
- Children certified as homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible to receive free meals. Please contact, our Homeless Liaison at 360-978-4111 option 1.
USDA CHILD NUTRITION PROGRAM
July 1, 2020–June 30, 2021
School Lunch - Healthy Choices Everyday!
School Lunch: Chicken Nuggets, Teriyaki Beef, Chef Salad or PB&J with Buttered Broccoli, Cauliflower, Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Apricots, Peaches, Pears, Raisins, Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll & Milk. My healthy choice kids!
Our Free Meals for All Kids program is closed for the month of August. Here are some resources to find Free Meals for Kids in other areas:
- No Kid Hungry Texting Line - Text "Food" or "Comida" to 877-877 to find free summer meals near you.
- No Kid Hungry Meal Site Locator - https://www.nokidhungry.org/find-free-meals
- USDA Summer Meals Hotline at 1-866-348-6479.
- USDA Summer meals finder at www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
TwinStar Donates $2,000.00 to pay off unpaid school meal account balances.
TwinStar Community Foundations donated $2,000.00 to pay off Onalaska's unpaid school meal account balances. TwinStar said, "We recognize that now more than ever, schools play a vital role in making sure students are fed when they're at school (and sometimes beyond). It is for this reason that the Foundation would like to make a donation to pay down your elementary school lunch debt. "
TwinStar's Community Foundation began in 2015. Not only do they offer scholarships for continued education and classroom grants for teachers, but they have also adopted the mission of Well-Fed Kids Create Well Fed-Minds. In the last two school years, they have paid off $82,000 in school lunch debt within the communities they serve.
Thank you TwinStar for helping us provide nutritious meals to prepare children for learning every day!
March is National Nutrition Month!
This is a good time to re-evaluate how you fuel your body. Is what your eating working for your physical and mental goals? Are you building your body up or wearing it down with the foods you consume?
I'm personally working on my protein consumption and my water intake. I have a hard time eating enough protein so I'm tracking it on a macro calculator. Protein is one of the macros (macro-nutrients). Macros are the 3 food categories that all food falls into; Protein, Carbohydrates & Fats. Everyone should find out from a trusted source what their macro consumption should be for their body goals and lifestyle. Registered dietitians are good sources. You can find out about tracking macros and a free macros calculator here My Fitness Pal.
For my water intake, I've had a bad habit of drinking coffee instead of water. So I'm working on drinking a full glass of water before I have coffee and I'm limiting myself to one cup of coffee on workdays.
Our bodies work hard for us. Make sure you are giving your body what it needs. For more info check out Eating right for your lifestyle and Eat Right with the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
Grandparents Day Luncheon
Grandparents Day Luncheon was on November 20, 2019. The great pre-Thanksgiving meal included Turkey Dressing Casserole, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Buttered Green Beans, Carrot Sticks, Assorted Fruit, Apple Crisp & Milk. Wonderful live music was provided by our own Onalaska High School students. We had a great turnout and it was wonderful to see the kids grandparents!